Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy (late) Valentine's Day!

I normally don't give a crap about Valentines day. It is my late aunt Rhonda's bday, and she loved all the hearts and teddy bears and reds and pinks associated with February 14th...she really was how you would expect someone born on that day to be :) and my grandma always said she was the only little girl born in that hospital on that day, which was kinda cool. So happy (late) birthday, aunt Rhonda, I hope you are having a fun day wherever you are!

I've never received flowers, candy, stuffed animals, or fancy cards (beyond school party ones) for this day. So I told Brian this year, I want a big heart full of chocolates. He'd brought home a little box of mixed Rochers a couple weeks ago, which I happily shared, and would happily consume at any time. I love those things. So, when yesterday  passed, sans candy, I was let down. Especially after I shared my pitiful sob story about how never once did a guy give me jack for Vday. I can't actually recall if I ever had a boyfriend for the day, honestly. Now that I think about it, there's only been him, as he's my longest relationship. Which lends a new level of sadness, because in the nearly 8 years we have been together, I have only been taken out to dinner maybe once. When he arrived home today, with sinus medicine and seemingly no heart full of candy, I was more than a little hurt. Then, he whipped it out-

Exactly what I've always wanted :) I think the raspberry caramels are my favorites. I know it's cheesy to care about Valentine's day, but sometimes you just want some chocolate. I'm not the red roses, stuffed animals type, but chocolates, they are the way to go. Italian food doesn't hurt, either. Hope you had a lovely Valentine's day, filled with the tokens of your liking! <3 p="">

1 comment:

  1. 'Tokens of your liking' xoxo!
    Yay for your beautiful box of chocs!

    ReplyDelete