Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hey There

Been a minute! A lot has transpired since March, I quit my job, going through some health issues, moved back in with the fiance (gah, gah, gaaaaaaaaaaaah), and I'm trying to remain positive throughout, but I'm not the most sunshiney gal, so it's a challenge. I'm also trying to figure out which career path is the one I should finally commit to, and my former high school seems to only employ people with their heads up their asses, as they never understand me when I say "Hi, I need proof that I received my GED. It was in '99." I hear crickets. I am told "can I call you tomorrow?" and tomorrow has yet to arrive. Lots of things are pissing me off currently.

In happier news, I keep hitting up Lowes' garden department, and last time, found some decent items on sale. My biggest win was a rose bush (in gorgeous bloom!!!) for 6 dollars. Originally, it was about 15. I also got a $1 wave petunia and yellow celosia, which I might have killed. Poor little celosia :( Last bit of the haul are two bags of glads, one pink and the other a yellow and purple mix. I'm still waiting on a package from Park Seed with some more sale items, the ones I look most forward to are the green zinnias. To go with my purple ones. I love zinnias, they are the first flowers I ever successfully started from seed and transplanted (which is not necessity, they are so easy to grow!) I find myself on a purple flower kick this year, wanting to pair them with green and white. Which sounds a little Barney-esque, but they aren't grape and....Barney green....so I am not worried that my flowerbeds will look like some overly affectionate singing dinosaur.

My big household goal for the spring is to clean off the front porch. As nasty as this house is (to me), it has a lovely porch, with a swing, and is mostly screened. When we first moved in with Brian's mom, we hung out on the porch all the time. Mostly because it was more tolerable than being inside without air conditioning. And the swing. I would also like to build (or have *someone* else build, heehee), a lattice structure for my vining flowers. I have 2 kinds of morning glories, moonflower, and passion flower. I hope the mix of all these smells as good as I imagine. And I look forward to the crazy looking passion flower blooms, and the changing floral display between the early blooming morning glories and the night blooming moonflowers. I am considering putting the passion flowers in a container and putting them somewhere they can be alone, but we'll see.

I hope the house is full of flowers all summer long :) And also that I finally grow a few vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment