Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Girly-stash Wishlist

Raise your hand if you have a list of make-up wants that reads like a novel! *raising hand* If I had an income right now, probably more than one of the following items would be in my hot little hands as we speak. Which reminds me, I should probably just start wearing makeup every day, whether I'm going out or just watching Dr. Phil. Purely to justify the cost, of course ;)

Urban Decay, The Fun Palette

I am super-duper pale. And I'm ok with that. What I am not ok with is the fact that certain eye shadow shades make me look like I went on a month long bender. The bruised look is sooooo never happened. Brights are tricky, too, unless you don't mind looking like the makeup is wearing you. I am not one of those girls. Or at least, I don't think I am. Enter this palette. UD is renowned for their shadow formula- velvety, buttery, silky. Perfection. I've never tried the brand, but I love everything about this palette, from the shadow colors, to the turquoise, glittery pouch it all comes in. That tiny tube of gloss looks good to me as well, and well coordinated. Because if you're going to wear a loud teal shadow, you should really keep your lips quiet. I've seen swatches of this palette on a few sites, and I think I could totally pull it off.


Nyx, Be Free Palette

Originally, I was not interested in this one at all. The colors looked too bleah to me, and I was loving the Waiting for Tonight palette, all JLo associations aside. I have since seen video reviews of both palettes, and this one really knocked me out. As a total eyeshadow huss, seeing swatches of these on someone who is also pretty fair skinned was one thing. Seeing how gorgeous these shadows are on that pale soul, as opposed to how boring they look in the picture, was another thing. A revelation. And the review of that other palette? Not as bueno, although several of the shadows swatched (same lady did both videos) were just as pretty as some from this one. The blushes are pigmented, the glosses are not quite as pigmented, but I am never one for palette glosses, anyway. It would also be great to travel with.


Benefit, Sexy Little Stowaways

I have never used any Benefit products. This set, for holiday 2012, would be a great intro to the brand. I am most intrigued by the "The POREfessional" pro balm, "Bella Bamba" face powder, and "Badgal Lash" mascara. The packaging is adorable, the sizes are right for taking them with (hence stowaways), and there is not one thing in this set I couldn't find use for. 

Smashbox, Studio Pop Ultimate Palette

Yes, I like palettes. I like pretty much every eye color contained within this palette. I love that the eyeliners are creams. I love the huge mirror. I love that this palette has way more than the next one I'm going to write about, but costs the same. I can see me in many, many looks with this palette.

Urban Decay, The Vice Palette

Yup, shadows are my vice. Not to be cute, as I really do love just about every piece of makeup one could possibly use (except you, coral-orange everything. And Pantone, really? Please don't pick an orange shade again for...ever.) I love lipsticks for the way they make my puny mouth look a little less so; I love eyeshadow for the way it can take my eyes from favorite feature, to favorite feature on steroids. I love the colors in this palette, neutrals, brights, soft shades and smoky. Urban Decay, for me, really is what makeup should be about- having fun. To whit- I don't understand people who freak out over the prospect of wearing what may be an out-there color. It's makeup, not a tattoo! It will wash off! Also, remove that stick from your behind, and live a little! I could see myself playing with this for hours.

These are my current gimme gimmes. The major ones, anyway :) Maybe Santa will be feeling extra generous this year! I can hope, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment