Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Austin 2013: From a Car


Brian attended YAPC in Austin last week, and I tagged along, as I have not been away from home (minus family stuff) since 2011. I didn't do a heck of a lot, aside from try some new foods and catch up on sleep, and I now have a new favorite place to eat in Austin, should we return. Or possibly move there (I hope!) That place is Sao Paulo's, btw. Yummus.

I do not claim to be a pro photographer, but I do enjoy taking pictures, and I even enjoy them when they don't turn out as expected. The above set were taken during a drive through the city and during dinner at the Hula Hut. Not perfect, but I like them that way :)

We walked around parts of the Zilker Botanical Garden on our last day. Those pics are much better, and will be posted shortly. I am so hoping to return to finish our tour of the lovely garden, as I missed out on the prehistoric section, and my camera died way before I was finished clicking away. If you're ever in the area, admission is a whole $2 per adult, and there is much to see (and parts of it are sort of like taking a hike, if you are into that sort of thing :) ) In short, I miss it already and can't wait to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment