Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

TAGT Day 8- A Vast Improvement

I'm proud to say, I no longer feel like a complete and utter failure.

Yesterday's (day 8, late post again, whoops!) food intake was nearly perfect. I've swapped out scrambled egg whites for the protein shake, and I think it has helped tremendously. As for the Fiber One, I think I'm going to switch to a different, lighter cereal for weeks 3-4, because a serving is 1/2 a cup. TAGT plan requires a cup and a third. That is a lot of dry, twiggy colon blow to have to choke down. Plus I think it's causing some stomach discomfort, so either I'll lower my serving, or start getting Kashi. Probably the Kashi.

Lunches I have pretty much no problems with. I'm generally awake by noon, and I happen to like sandwiches, so yeah, no problems there.

Dinner, I tried the Southwestern ranch dressing cup I made. It was not great on plain baby spinach. Brian tried the dressing itself, and was not a fan. I should have expected that, as I do not really care for that particular seasoning on its own (the McCormick Perfect Pinch Citrus SW or something like that.) It just seems to be an unbalanced flavor, imho, it's missing sweet or spicier. But nothing ventured, nothing gained :) glad I tried something new. And it was actually ok on my tomatoes.

Snacks are fine, when I'm awake or home or remember to eat them. I still have a bit of an issue with really late night snacking. Last night I had an Oreo (just one!) and later on, a mini bag of pretzels with some hummus. So I'm not binging like crazy, and Oreo aside, I think my snack choices have been fairly decent.

Also of note, we bought a food scale last night. I think I may not be eating enough protein at dinner, which surely has led to some less than healthy choices over the last week. I'm not sure if I'm to be weighing 8-10oz cooked or raw. Either way, I had 7.5oz cooked chicken last night, and I think it was a big part of why I didn't go loco on a bag of chips last night.

This week, I'm focusing on a lot at once. I now have homework to do, I'm working on upping my water intake, and trying to get into a normal sleep routine. Plus doing a lot (A LOT) of house cleaning. I'm one busy bee for sure! But I'm already excited and hopeful for my first weigh-in (which will be monthly, if I can manage it), and I'm hoping to just keep getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment