Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

TAGT Day 7- Not Quite

This whole crazy sleeping thing is throwing a wrench in things.

I woke up at 2pm today, and jumped right in, basically, to the proper meal for the time. I did really well today, mostly- my scheduled meals (minus breakfast and snack 1) were spot on, and I got in another hour of movement. Which involved some much-needed housework, so double yay!

I did just have a slip up, in the form of baked Lay's and some fat-free ranch dip I just made. Which I washed down with chocolate milk. On the plus side, the dip was 1 serving, split with Brian, I did have too many chips but not to my usual binging standards, and the milk was also fat free and was two swigs (which I estimate at about 12oz, based on the glass it was in.) This was not a raging success, but also not a failure. Plus, I have readied tomorrow's dinner, chicken for Monday night, and I made 9 servings of fat free ranch dressings, using Greek yogurt, skim milk, ranch seasoning, and various salt free seasonings. They include Jamaican jerk, onion and herb, vegetable, citrus Southwestern, sweet & smoky Southwestern, and a mix of the veggie and onion/herbs one without ranch. Southwestern is usually my favorite kind of ranch, so I'm really hoping those turned out nicely.

As for the ranch dip? Let's just say, if you love it, and you're looking to reduce fat and calories in your snacking, try it! It's just 2TBSP plain nonfat Greek yogurt and 1.5 tsp ranch dressing mix (the powder.) It was really tangy and even Brian liked it. I'll definitely be making more! It'll be so good on tomatoes.

So today was the end of the first week, and I'm slightly disappointed in myself. Disappointed because I know I could have done better. However, I'm learning not to beat myself up over things- perfectionism, falling short, dwelling on it- are ways to stress oneself into a binge. I'm definitely better prepared for the start of week 2 than I was for week 1, so that's a success in my book.  I'm hoping to try some hypnotherapy to curb cravings and help with the overeating, but there were times over the last week, when I had eaten what I was supposed to, but was still ravenous. I take a carb blocker that seems to help with bloodsugar spikes, but I would love to find an appetite suppressant to help me get over those humps.

All in all, I'm glad I'm doing this, even though it is difficult. I've reached the point in my life where I have to accomplish something, because honestly? I haven't. Pretty much ever. I don't want my next 32 years to look like the first 32. I've also begun classes for phlebotomy certification, which is exciting. As for week 2? Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment