Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Happy Spring!

Not gonna lie, I'm a fan of this time of year. The weather improves, pastels abound, there's chocolate...it's all lovely. Easter was always my favorite as a kid (or tied for first with Xmas), as I love Cadbury mini eggs and stuffed bunnies. Peeps and jelly beans, not s'much. Anyway, with a mind to improved weather and a heart full of glitter, I decided it was time to bust out the lighter colors from my polish stash. And this is what I came up with:
For this, I used Sky-blue Pink by Orly, Pink Friday by OPI, and Are You Hoppy? by Fingerpaints. Topcoat is Out the Door, which I'm not sure I'm fully impressed with, as this chipped the next day (and it's possible it was due to the glittered nails, but it seems to not dry so fast, and is a bit gummy. But not the worst product, I'm sure.) Two coats for each color, and the glitter I did have to maneuver about a bit, but I do like the new flakies by Fingerpaints. Are You Hoppy? is a sweet pinky-lavender. This collection reminds me of the foil wrappers on those little chocolate eggs everyone seems to find in their basket. They look like tiny, pastel, metallic footballs. And I love them! :) Hope you like! And are enjoying spring now that it's officially here, and Happy Easter/Ostara/April Fool's day in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment