Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Review: Pacifica's Island Vanilla Holiday Wanderlust Collection

I've been on a bit of a spending spree lately (sort of), between Sephora, NYX, groceries, Old Navy, I've spent more than planned. But, no complaints, I'm pretty happy with everything, and, barring any trouble from Old Navy and their stupid returns policy, I shall continue to be happy.

Pacifica, in case you are not familiar, is a fragrance, candle, and now natural makeup and skin care brand. Last year, I fell in love with the Island Vanilla scent, which is described as "Inspired by the unique magic of Tahitian vanilla, this sensual blend sets sweet and sultry vanilla absolute, with honey-jasmine notes and a touch of fruitiness, against a deep and beautiful base of tea."  If you like vanilla, maybe try this out. It's sweet, but not too sweet, warm, slightly tropical.

 This set, which comes in a lovely box, contains a 17oz body wash, an 8oz body butter, and a .33oz roll on fragrance. The body wash is more than double the usual size offered, and all this for only $28. And let me tell you, as someone whose skin can be aggravated using Dove for sensitive skin, when I tell you this is the best body wash I've ever tried, take it to the bank. Did.not.make.me.itch. And it rinses clean! I don't have that scummy feeling, like I've bathed and then went and sweated in a sauna. Plus, it smells delicious, so you can't beat that. The body butter is rich, thick, and I do love it, except I dunno, maybe it's just my chemistry  but it had a bit of a plasticky scent at first. It seems to be fading, and I now shake it before using, but am happy with it, because again, it does not irritate my skin, moisturizes like a dream, and more than not, smells super yummy. Lastly is the roll-on, which I already own one of and like, and the only thing I would change would be maybe including the spray version in this set instead of the roll-on. Maybe it's just me, but that huge bottle of body wash, the nice sized tube of body butter....and the roll on? They seem a bit wonky, size-wise, but I have no problem owning two of these vials. One for home, one for travel :) And as it is, I've rolled myself repeatedly with my first roll-on, and haven't even used half. I think the little rollerball doesn't always evenly distribute the fragrance, but really, one could see that as a built-in method of conserving the goodness ;) 

This can be purchased from Pacifica, would make a great gift for someone (or yourself!), and should satisfy the desires of any vanilla lover. Plus, all their products are 100% vegan, cruelty-free, they use gluten-free ingredients, and are free of parabens, phthalates, mineral oil and petrolatum. You really can't go wrong with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment