Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

First Impression Review- Jordana Eyeliners

For a couple of months now, I've been hearing/reading about a brand called Jordana, that is apparently sold everywhere, and yet, nowhere. I've heard mostly good things, that their products are affordable and good (and not just "they're good...for affordable makeup.") So I've been on the hunt, and recently discovered that my local Walgreen's does, indeed, sell Jordana (I'd previously thought they don't; the section is just extremely tiny.) During my last trip there, I picked up a Twist and Shine balm stain (review is coming!) and two eyeliners. This is my review of those liners.

Liner one is the 12 HR Made to Last Liquid Eyeliner pencil in 04 Purple Fix. Initially, I thought it would be a close match to Urban Decay's Rockstar liner. It swatched pretty close, UD's has a bit of brown in it, whereas Jordana's is deep purple with sort of maroon-fuchsia shimmer. When I first swiped some on my wrist, I thought, "jackpot! Urban Decay competition for a whole $2.49!" When I applied it to my eye lids.... it was a bit of a letdown. It applied chunkily, some of it flaked off into my eye, and it just was not what I was hoping for. When I tried smudging it, it wouldn't budge. I think I waited too long to try to do that. It definitely is smudge-proof after it's set, so surely the 12 hour claim is not for the sake of marketing. It really is a gorgeous color, and I'm not giving up on it just yet, because I think it can be worked with. I think it would work really well with the shadows in the last Fun Palette.

The second liner is the retractable Easyliner in Sterling blue (which was a whole $1.39, thanks to a 60 cent savings from balance rewards.) It applied a bit smoother than the 12HR pencil, is a thinner line, and a beautiful peacock-y blue. It was a bit easier to smudge, but wore off in places when I tried to keep smudging it. It's not labeled as a long-wear type liner, so I didn't find that unusual. I think it would work great with purples, deep bronzes, and other shades you'd find on a peacock feather. Or even as a pop of color on a more neutral eye.

Pardon my crappy pic. Non-phone camera's charger cord is still m.i.a.

Current verdict, they seem to be pencils that have a slight learning curve. The colors are gorgeous, I just need to figure out how to get the best out of them. And for the price of either, I am definitely willing to find out how to best use them. Would I recommend them to a friend? Yes, but I would warn her/him that the 12HR may be a bit temperamental, work with it quickly, and one eye at a time.

**These products were purchased by me for personal use/review purposes.**

No comments:

Post a Comment