Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

TAGT Day 5- Getting (sorta) Better

Today, I'm happy to report, was a vast improvement over yesterday. Intake-wise, anyway. Last night, the cravings hit. Maybe cravings isn't the right word...just the overwhelming memories of all my favorite junk foods, how it will be a long, long time before I'll feel ok to indulge again, and how all this means missing out on Halloween candy and Chinese food with Brian (such is our preferred way to observe Oct. 31.) On top of that, I was ravenously hungry really late last night, and wound up eating 17 (yup. Holy sh!t.) Chocolate chip cookies. I managed to not go over my sugar allotment, somehow, but still. Seventeen cookies. Never again.

Today began with the shake and cereal, and I have to say, I'm rethinking the shake thing. I hate foamy textured foods. About halfway through, I had to fight the urge to vomit. It was more than a little unpleasant, and I was still feeling gaggy later in the afternoon. I also weighed myself, and I'm 8 bloody f*cking pounds heavier than I was the last time I weighed myself, several months ago! Oh I wanted to scream and kick and throw things...but, despite wanting to do all of that, followed by drowning my sorrows in a bag of chalupas, it steeled my resolve to stick to the plan.

I was unprepared for snack #2, so instead of yogurt I wound up having a piece of steak jerky. Not my favorite, but it was good for low carb, decent protein, and even fewer calories than the yogurt. Dinner was pretty perfect. I do plan to get a food scale soon, and I need to figure out the whole measuring protein thing. I don't think I'm eating enough protein at dinner.

If I can somehow manage to ward off the severe hunger pangs, I think I will finish week one decently and head into week 2 with a good grip on things. Thing is, I'm honestly hungry, not just bored or wanting to eat some feelings- my stomach growls, I feel puky from low blood sugar, and I get a little nauseous. I guess it's part of the territory, sadly, so I need to find a way to handle it. Overall, I'm really proud of myself today. I had plenty of opportunities to have the drive thru or cheap junk foods that I like, but I didn't succumb. Yay me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment